Thursday, December 1, 2011

Growing like a weed!

Hey, Little Guy! Mommy and Daddy got to see you twice today! I got to hold you this morning (skin-to-skin) and you loved it. I love having you so close, but I get a little scared with all the wires. Daddy and I saw you around lunch time and then again at 7 PM. You had a head ultrasound and it appears that the blood from your brain bleed is dissolving (which makes Mom and Dad really happy). You are up to 2 pounds 10 ounces. Doctors are a little worried with how fast you are gaining weight because you don't gain fat as fast as you are gaining, it's usually water weight. They are going to keep an eye on that. Your breathing was a little fast today, which they said you do on occasion so they aren't worried, but they're going to watch that, too. You're up to 10 mL on your feedings! You smiled at me today when I talked to you. It was adorable! Grandma Frederiksen saw so no one could say I was a liar! Daddy also got to hold you skin-to-skin for the first time today. He was a little hesitant at first, but loved it. He liked feeling you move--- we couldn't feel you move when you were all wrapped up in blankets. You two loved the skin-to-skin.

Funny Moment - I decided to leave the dirty diaper for when daddy came to see you so he was surprised when he changed your diaper! Then, you pooped in your new one before Daddy had it shut so he changed it again and then broke the tab off your diaper so we had to tape it. I sure enjoyed the laugh, though Daddy didn't think it was as funny.

Love you bunches!!!