Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Faith in the Lord's Timing

Cooper, your dad and I want you to know how blessed we are. Though we never would wish that you would arrive three months early, we have learned, even more, that the Lord is watching over us. During my pregnancy, blessing after blessing kept occurring. I started to worry that with all these amazing blessings that something bad was going to happen... you came a few days later. Your dad and I were scared. More than anything, we didn't want to lose you. We have come to learn that you coming early wasn't an ideal situation, but it wasn't a bad one either. The Lord is watching over us. The past few days your dad and I have received great news after great news about you and other things. We had everything planned to work a certain way once you arrived with insurance, paying for my labor and delivery, etc. With you arriving early, all that changed. The past few days we have received blessings from our Heavenly Father that have reminded us that He has better plans than we do and that they work out better than the ones we planned for ourselves. We love you. We want you to know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. Jesus Christ lives and died for us. Heavenly Father knows us and loves us and is constantly watching out for us and hearing and answering our prayers. We know as we live worthily that we will continue to be blessed. Never forget that you are a beloved son of your Heavenly Father.

Updates - I thought you looked bigger today. You definitely are bigger than when you first arrived, but still so tiny! Developmental therapist said you're very strong. You're showing signs of wanting to breast feed already. You may have to go back on the high flow oxygen just because it is heated and won't dry your nose out like the low flow is right now. Daddy and I gave you a bath today and I put you in your towel after (I was so scared you were going to slip out of my hands). Then, as we were washing your hair, you pooped in your clean towel! It smelled really bad. Your feeding tube had to be changed cause you pooped on it! They also used the BBG (Baby Booger Getter--- yes, this is the patented name) to clean your nose out before putting in the new feeding tube and you had a huge one in there! I held you skin to skin. I love it. I love you.

Milestone - 3 pounds 3 ounces