Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Daily Dish

Daddy, Grandma Smith, and I visited you this evening. You were snug as a bug when we found you. We woke you up and did your cares then Daddy held you. You were full of smiles, but kept getting low on your oxygen. Daddy loved talking to you about your aunts, and sports, and my cooking. He said he was just preparing you. He loves you so much. He's a very proud dad. However, he handed you over to me and you only dropped on your oxygen once. You loved that I was holding you. We enjoyed the laugh. Grandma Smith loved seeing you. She can't wait until she can hold you!

You do have some goo in your left eye. They think you just have a clogged tear duct, but are going to watch it incase it's an infection. We are starting to realize you probably have a birth mark on the side of your face. Initially we thought it was a bruise since you had so many when born and a lot of it did go away, but a large portion is still there. As a mom, it does make me slightly sad only because I don't want people to make fun of you. I hope your dad and I can teach you to embrace it and be yourself. You're so stinkin' cute I can't see anyone making fun of you, but people can be mean. I hope your dad and I can raise you in such a way that you accept people for who they are. Have I mentioned how much we love you?