Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Tub Bath & Clothes

I was so excited to get to see you today! I just felt like I needed to hold you and it was great because Daddy and I both got to hold you. We arrived at the NICU to find you had been moved to a different room. They referred to it as the "big kid room." It's a lot noisier than your other room. More babies in bassinets and crying.

When I saw you, I couldn't help but giggle. You were on your belly and in an outfit! Your first time wearing clothes! They put you in a premie outfit, but it was still too big. Your shoulders were the width of the neck and kept coming off. I was also told you had a tub bath. I was disappointed they put you in an outfit and gave you your first tub bath without me there. I wanted to have that experience with you. I heard you didn't like the bath at first and then realized you enjoyed it. You looked so cute in your outfit. It said "beary handsome" and had a bear on the bum. Your PICC line was taken out because you're doing so well with your feedings. You still weigh 2 pounds 12 ounces. Yesterday we found out you had grown an inch since birth and your head is a cm bigger. You're growing!!!

Cooper, Daddy and I love you more than words can say. We love every moment we have with you. We could stare at you for hours. You mean everything to us and we feel so blessed to have you in our lives.

Milestones - First time wearing clothes. First tub bath. Move to the "big kid room" aka "the noisy room."