Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We can't get enough of you!

YESTERDAY: You're up to 2 pounds 7 ounces. Your feedings are at 5 mL. Daddy got to hold you. Dr. says it looks like your PDA artery is probably closed because the murmur has gone away and all your stats look good. They think you're doing great!

TODAY: Daddy and I got to give you a bath for the first time. We did our best to keep you warm. We were very careful because we didn't want to hurt you. You enjoyed your bath except for us washing your bum. You liked your head washed with the toothbrush, probably because it was like a massage. I combed your hair to the side like a little man. You looked so cute (when do you not look cute though)!?

Daddy saw you at lunch time today. He said you didn't want to go back to sleep. He said he played with you and when I asked him how he said he would put his hand by your feet and you would stretch your feet to try to kick him. Once he covered you up and put his hands on your feet and head you calmed down and went to sleep.

Lastly, I got to do kangaroo care with you today, which means skin-to-skin. They put you on my bare chest to keep you warm. We both LOVED it. When we put you back in your bed, your temperature was great! I loved hearing the sounds of you moving your mouth. I even sang to you You Are My Sunshine and Little Black Rain Cloud.

Daddy and I love being parents. We can't wait until it's time for you to come home. We can't explain how much we love you. You mean everything to us.

Today's Milestones - 2 pounds 8 ounces and 7 mL on your feedings!

Happy {2 Weeks Old} Birthday!