Today was a special day for you and I. You started non-nutritive breast feeding. I pump and then you can practice without getting any milk. Preemies (that's you) have a hard time sucking, breathing, and swallowing at the same time and since you're so young you are more likely to have that problem. I know breast feeding is the last thing you want to read about when you read this story of yourself, but it's a very big moment. This usually doesn't start until 34 weeks, but they said you were reading and you'll only be 32 weeks tomorrow! The nurse was teaching my how and put you by me to get you in position and away you went before she could even fully get your little body in the right place. She thinks you'll be a great breast feeding baby because she said you know all the right moves. You did great! We practiced for 40 minutes and your oxygen never went down! Speaking of oxygen, they have lowered the flow on your oxygen to .2. They tried .1, but you didn't like that so they will ween you a little more slowly. Daddy held you for over an hour. He said you loved it and were smiling. I stayed with you all day today since I had the day off. Keep up the good work, Sugar! Mommy and Daddy love you!
You're still 3 pounds 10 ounces today.
Milestone - Non-nutritive breast feeding.