Today was a wonderful day with you. I got to hold you twice and both for a good length of time. You calm right down when I talk to you, rock you, or sing to you. You held my fingers when I held you today. You even managed a little smile. We took a little nap together when I visited you the second time. We snuggled up and enjoyed some time alone together. Your eyes were less swollen, but still didn't open them until daddy held you later on in the day. You have been eating 7mL of milk every three hours and keeping it down! Wahoo! They have to move your chin to help you a bit, but you're getting the idea. You're also sucking on your binky. I still can't get enough of your hair! So stinking cute! I love it! Your nurse also let me put the lotion I brought on your feet. Made my day. I ended my time with you by getting to give you a kiss. The nurse said mom's always get good night kisses. Daddy came after work to enjoy some time with you. You enjoyed the snuggles. He loves you so much. We both do.
Love you,
Mom
I spoke with the parents of the little guy next to us. He has four heart defects. I'm not sure if that makes him worse or better, but it made me count my blessings. Though this is their second child, they haven't gone through something like this before. I see and hear them jump every time something beeps. I remember those moments with Cooper and it makes me even more grateful for what we went through with Cooper. I recognize the sounds of the beeps and know that Easton is ok because I know it's not an important beep. The Lord was truly preparing us for this by our experience with Cooper.
No comments:
Post a Comment