Sunday, October 19, 2014

{Day 19} The Third Floor

Dear Easton,

Two days ago they removed the breathing tube and put you straight on the CPAP in hopes of preventing your lungs from collapsing. Yesterday we were told they were going to try to wean you to oxygen, but when we came in you weren't even on oxygen! That completely surprised us. You have done really well. We were told you would be moved to the Third Floor today so when we arrived you had been moved! It is exciting and scary because it means you're closer to coming home. I am terrified to take you home. I know each day we will have to watch for heart failure and a number of other things. I am scared I will miss something or that I won't miss something, but it will just be your time to go. I am so scared, BUT we are so excited for you to come home, too. Big Brother wants to hold you and it will be nice to not have to juggle our time between being here for you, but also being there for Big Brother. It is a lot to handle, but we do what we have to do. We just love you both so much and look forward to our family being together.

The third floor is a lot of teaching. They just taught me how to put medicine in your feeding tube. They will start letting me practice putting in your feeding tube soon. I am so scared to do that and a little grossed out. There is a reason I am not a nurse. We will figure it out though. Anything for my babies. They also said they don't like hypoplastic babies to cry because your heart can't handle it so there is a lot of cuddle time with you. It was hard to leave you because you're in this big ol' hospital room all by yourself and you're not watched as closely as you were when in the CICU. It makes me sad not to be there. One of these days you'll be home. As scary and hard as it will be, it will be nice to have you home.

Love you,
Mom

CPAP

A Lot Less Stuff




No comments:

Post a Comment