Dear Easton,
Daddy and I arrived at the hospital today to find that you only had one medicine machine hooked up, two chest tubes gone, your last central line removed, and your breathing tube out! You could also see your scar because they removed the bandage. Talk about happy and proud parents! What was even more exciting was we got to hold you again! We loved that! Nothing like cuddle time with your kiddos! You seemed quite comfortable too, but kept breathing too fast. Prior to leaving they told us they were going to try a few more things before putting your breathing tube back in. They let us know that it is very dangerous to put your breathing tube back in after having heart surgery so of course I lost it. I am a crier. I am just so scared to lose you because I love you so much. You're my baby. I wish I could take all the pain away so you didn't have to go through this, but you're strong. They are also watching your potassium because it has been running low. Keep fighting.
Love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment