Friday, October 10, 2014

{Day 10} Chest Closure

Dear Easton,

Could a mom be any more proud? I am so amazed by your strength and your brother's. You have both been through so much already. You knew life would be hard but you both chose to follow your Heavenly Father's plan and come to this earth. You're incredible kids! I truly have the best boys.

I want you to know how proud I am of you. You hung on that first night when it looked like we might lose you when they couldn't get you stable and unsure why, but you hung on. You did it! They closed your chest this afternoon. At 1:20 PM, Dr. Burch came to tell me your chest closed well and you handled it well. Your stats all did well with the close. We are one step closer to getting to hold you again. Our next goal is to have you extubated. We hope that will happen within the next two days.

When we arrived today you were wide away and had lost even more water weight! You were smaller than when you were born even. Just goes to show how swollen you were due to your heart flowing incorrectly. We can now see that you look like your daddy! You even have his nose. Oh, your are so cute! I just am so excited to be able to hold you again soon!

Keep growing and keep fighting! We are all so proud of you!

Love,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment