Friday, November 25, 2011

Daddy's First Time Holding You

Daddy and I love every time we get to come see you. Today was especially important because Daddy got to hold you for the first time today for an entire hour! He asked me if I was jealous because I only got to hold you for 20 minutes yesterday. (Don't tell him, but I was a little bit!)

I loved watching Daddy hold and watch you. He loved it. Your dad couldn't stop smiling. He sang a few songs to you--- You Are My Sunshine and Ye Elders of Israel were two of them. He also discussed sports with you. You didn't say much, but Daddy felt you understood. He said he was going to get you a TV to watch the Buffalo Bills game tomorrow. He loves you so much and so do I. (I couldn't stop kissing your little forehead while Daddy held you.) You cried a few times, but Daddy calmed you right down. You loved him holding you, too--- your stats were great!

The developmental therapist came by today to check things like your reflexes, responses, etc. and said you're doing great. We were happy to hear that!

Milestone - Your umbilical cord fell off today when they took out the last tube in your belly button. You now have an adorable belly button which they tell us will probably be unnoticeable as you get older since it's so small (about half the size of an eraser on a pencil or just smaller). We were also told you will have an increased chance of hernias because of your prematurity. It's scary for Daddy and I, but we're glad we were told.

No comments:

Post a Comment