Cooper Joel, you were born at 12:10 AM on November 16, 2011 weighing 2 pounds 5 ounces and measuring 14.25 inches long. Doctors were surprised you were so big for your gestational age.
Daddy and I had your name picked out for years, but didn't want to name you that without looking at other names. With you arriving early, we realized we needed to finalize a name. I kept asking your Dad if "Cooper" was your name and he would never give a straight answer, just a "maybe" or "probably." Daddy was sleeping when a lady came into my hospital room wanting me to fill your birth certificate information out. I didn't want to fill out the paper without having the final say from dad on your name, but Grandpa Frederiksen asked me what "Plan B" was and I said there wasn't one so he said I guess I better go with "Plan A." We laughed that Daddy was going to wake up with a child named Cooper Joel. I've made it clear to many that I don't want you called CJ. Your name is Cooper. Your name fits you perfectly and everyone loves it. We couldn't have chosen a better name.
Daddy used to watch a show called "Hanging with Mr. Cooper" and is excited for people to ask what he is doing so he can say he is "hanging with Cooper."
You're named after your Grandpa Frederiksen because of what a great man he is. He is a wonderful man and father whom your dad and I love and respect. Grandpa said on Facebook, "The greatest event in an old mans life...to have his 1st grandson named after him. I'm pretty blessed."
No comments:
Post a Comment