Well, we were discharged Saturday and were home for about 24 hours before Easton was readmitted. He has a lot of poopy diapers with blood in them each time, like 9 in 12 hours. We finally called his nurse at the hospital and she had us weight him. He had lost a significant amount of weight. She wanted a KUB done. It is an X-ray to see if he had NEC. NEC is common in heart babies. The gut starts to die, creating blood in the stool. It is due to poor blood flow to the gut because of the poor flow from his heart condition. It is something I had read about prior to having him. His X-ray came back inconclusive and it did look different than the X-ray the day before so they had us come to Primary's. They stopped giving him his meds and food, anything that goes to the gut. They don't want to stimulate the gut at all, they want to give it time to heal. His next three X-rays came back normal, which is great! They are making him go 48 hours without food, just giving him clear liquids, lipids, and tpn. He is also receiving an antibiotic. If he gets NEC they worry about bacteria getting to the blood stream. They are doing it as precautionary. His bacteria cultures are negative so that's great! He is such a strong boy. He is doing well. We will likely be here for Christmas. They will start him back on formula slowly tomorrow if his morning X-ray is normal. They can't move too quickly or they risk him getting NEC due to the gut responding negatively. So slow and steady! I am so proud of this boy! He knew this life would be hard, but he chose to be here. My personal thought... Heaven must be pretty awesome to be willing to go through all this.
I was speaking with my mom the other day. I told her how I KNOW the gospel is true, but let's just say what if it isn't? At least while I was on this earth, it gave me hope. That is something I will forever be grateful for. Thankfully I KNOW the gospel is true. I KNOW that families are forever. I KNOW He has a wonderful plan. I KNOW He loves me and knows me. I KNOW He hears and answers prayers. I KNOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment