Dear Cooper,
I wanted to write you a letter in case you remembered the difficult time we went through when you were younger with your brother Easton because I want you to know that you are just as important as him. He just needed a lot of care for a while.
First, I want you to know that your daddy and I love you so much. We know this experience is not easy on you. We are trying to make the best decisions for you right now even though we are sure you feel passed around. We are glad you get to enjoy time with friends and family doing fun things when we are away. We miss you terribly when not with you. We hope you can look back one day and know that though Easton required a lot of attention, that it wasn't because we loved him more. We love you both equally and so so much. I always worried having another kid that I would love one more than the other and have found that isn't possible. Nana always told me that I wouldn't know how much she loved me until I had kids. It is true and one day you will know how much I love you. Daddy and I are just trying to do the best we can right now.
We hope you can see how having Easton as your brother made you a better person. It is making all of us better people. I hope you see that your dad and I would do anything for either of you. We hope you saw the faith we had in our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We hope our testimony of the gospel and His plan showed. We hope you grow to have that same faith and see the miracles and blessings in our family's life because of all we went through together. We hope you know that you can always turn to your Father in Heaven for love, guidance, and peace. He is ALWAYS there.
I also hope you know that I am ALWAYS here for you. No matter what. Life is going to be hard. It was from the beginning for you, but you overcame the obstacles in your way. You are the smartest, vivacious little boy. Your smiles, giggles, talking, silliness, and so much more make me laugh. You bring joy to my life each day. I am so proud to be your mother. I love you dearly and hope you always know, see, and feel that.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment