Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Moments

At the beginning of 2014, I decided to keep a document on my phone of moments throughout the year that I wanted to remember. I am so glad I did! Here they are:

  • Jan. 1 | I sat in Cooper's bedroom floor as he got on my lap. He hugged me and I hugged him. Both of us with arms around each other. His head on my shoulder. Quiet. In the dark. A little bonding moment. Love him.
  • Jan. 2 | my little kindergarteners coming in today from Christmas break excited to see me and to be at school. One asked if I missed him.
  • Jan. 3 | rocking Cooper to sleep. I don't do it often anymore. He is getting so big. Didn't want to put him down. I love him so much.
  • Laying next to Cooper singing him to sleep while he sang with me in his cute little voice. So precious.
  • Jan. 13 | I had a tender little moment with Cooper tonight. He noticed his birthmark in the mirror after brushing his teeth. Made me sad at first then made me smile. I taught him the word birthmark. He says it well. When you ask him where his birthmark is he points to it. I have been blessed with such a sweet little spirit. I have so much to learn from him. Also, he discovered his nipples tonight. Called them "owies."
  • Jan. 15 | Someone left anonymous note with $200 cash in it to me at school. Wow. Why me is all I could think. Tender mercies.
  • Jan. 21 | Cooper is saying his name well. So stinking cute! He looks in the mirror at himself and says it.
  • Feb. 5 | I have the sweetest boy. The Prince and Princess started to dance on the movi. He came over to me and grabbed my hand and said "dance, dance" and wanted me to dance with him. So we stood in the living room and danced and danced and danced. When we stopped he would say "more, more!" It was so cute. He wanted to dance with his momma.
  • Feb. 20 | Found out we are expecting baby #2! Can't believe we will be a family of four by the end of the year. Ahhh!!!!
  • March 19 | Just thinking of how blessed I am. I have a loving husband and the sweetest little boy. He was full of giggles and smiles today.neither of which I can get enough of from him.
  • March 29 | Laying next to Cooper preparing for bed. I would tickle him and he would just giggle and giggle! When I would stop, he would say "more, more!" Lately he has being doing this Buzz Lightyear thing where he acts like he pushes a button on his chest and puts his arms out in front of him like he is flying and his eyebrows are down. Hilarious! Cutest kid ever! And we took Cooper to the putting green. He was in heaven!
  • April | Laying in bed snuggling with Cooper one night. I started to think of the crazy, unfair stuff happening at work. At the very moment, he put his arm around me and was patting my back saying, "love you, love you," and wouldn't stop til I said it back. Tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father letting me know he is aware of me and my trials.
  • May 8 | Chris went to give me a kiss and my belly reached him before his lips reached mine. We enjoyed a good laugh!
  • I had a though a couple of months ago... Maybe we have some of our hardest trials after we have kids because the Lord knows we will need that joy.
  • June 29 | Sometimes I feel we are being punished for something. As I sit here and ponder, I realize: We are reaping the consequences but because of doing something good, not something bad. For being married I the temple. For having a desire to follow commandments and multiply and replentish the earth. The Lord needs this little one to have a body and he knew we could give it to him and allow him to be born in the covenant.
  • July 4 | Cooper hated the fireworks tonight. He didn't like the noise. He kept saying "Cooper's house." We eventually went home and he was so happy to be home. I said, "Do you feel safe at home?" and he said, "Yes." Made me happy inside. I always want my kids to feel safe at home.
  • July 24 | The night I felt a connection with my unborn child. I have struggled to feel a connection this pregnancy.l Understandably. Life is crazier this time around with a toddler but with our circumstances I know I am also scared to have a connection . But tonight I turned on Paul Cardall's "I am a child of God" and I started to cry and held my bump. I felt a connection with my son! It was like he was telling me, "Mom, I am a child of God, it's all going to be ok because I am a child of God" and "Mom, you are blessed to be growing a child of God inside you." I felt so blessed to hear these little words from him whispered to me and to feel that connection for the first time. He is mine. mine for a reason. I am blessed to be a part of his life.
  • Sept. 21 | "You are a beautiful young lady. So proud of you." From my Grandma Call, 35 weeks pregnant.
  • Nov. 2 | I look into Easton's eyes and see the sweetest little spirit. He knew what he would go through and chose to be here. I know he is grateful for his body. I can see it in his eyes.
  • November | Cooper comes up to me, "I present for you." He had wrapped his fottball up with his pooh mat.
  • Dec. 5 | Cooper had me wear his football helmet to play. He hits my head and says, "Go get 'em!"
  • Cooper kept taking a start ornament off my tree and taking to his room. I didn't know why. I was there when he did it one day and he said "star, Mom." He was trying to put it on the top of his tree in his room. At that point, I had to let him keep the ornament and we put it on the top of his tree. Sooo cute!
  • Dec. 9 | I asked Cooper how he was doing, he said "I'm great." I asked again later he said, "I'm doing great." Plain as day! Also caught him putting gmy makeup on! Hahaha!
  • Dec. 10 | Cooper slept with his picture of him and Easton tonight and his Christ statue. Adorable!
  • He calls me "momma" sometimes lately and not just "mommy." I think it sounds so cute. I love it!
  • Dec. 11 | "Christmas lights in your glasses." Cooper saw reflection of lights in my glasses. His language is amazing!
  • Dec. 12 | Just put Cooper down for a nap. I gave him a kiss and told him I loved him and got up to walk away and he said, "I love you, Momma," in the sweetest voice. Oh how I LOVE being a mom!
  • Dec. 14 | Got a letter from nursery saying Cooper would be going to singing time with sunbeams the next two weeks then would be in sunbeams next year. One of those moments where it hits you that your baby is growing up. Where did the time go? I feel like he just started nursery.
  • We have had sooo many blessings this year--- people putting up Christmas lights, a lovely sign from Kristy when I needed it, a message that came from a friend during a desperate prayer, things life on our doorstep, freezer meals and meals brought to us, Christmas gives, money, friends and family to watch Cooper, family to clean for us, and so much more!
  • Dec. 17 | Looking at Easton in hospital. He doesn't look like he is feeling well and was a long night with him throwing up. I start crying and kept saying I am so sorry and he smiled at me. Telling me, "It's ok, Mom. I chose this life."
  • Dec. 19 | From my mom: I forgot to tell you, when we got here {our house}, Cooper gave a big sigh and I said, "where are we?" We {mom and Cooper} were in the family room and he looked around and said "home." I said, "you like it at home?" And he said, "home, sweet." So cute. He is happy here, baby. You are good parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment