It has been not only a wonderful Christmas, but a wonderful month. We have felt the love of so many people. We have had prayers said in our behalf, our names put on the prayer roll, meals brought, nursery lessons planned and delivered, people donate things for our collection of stuff for the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Primary's, friends get us dinner, friends and family watch Cooper and do fun holiday things with him, a Secret Santa, chosen for the fm100 Christmas Wish that someone nominated us for, a friend who got us a deal on newer tires for our car, and numerous people dropped off Christmas gifts anonymously. My heart is so full. A few nights ago I sat and cried and cried on the floor. I couldn't believe that people would do so much for us. It also hit me that we really were going through this experience. It isn't something I am going to wake up from, it isn't a dream. I am so grateful for the amount of love we have felt. Words can't even express it enough. It has truly touched our little family. I look forward to being able to give back one day. I hope it is something we can do each year in some way.
Despite Easton being in the hospital, we were able to enjoy ourselves. We spent Christmas Eve at the annual Frederiksen Christmas Party. We started at the graves to sing Christmas carols. It was particularly hard because we sang at the grave of our cousin's baby that died a few months ago. I know it could be us one day and so it was super hard. How grateful I am for the time we have had with Easton and how I pray we have a long time more. We enjoyed good food and lots of laughs. It was great to be out of the hospital and with family. My sweet mom stayed with Easton. How grateful I am for her. She is my best friend. She is strong when I need her and I am strong when she needs me. Love her to pieces! We got home late and quickly made cookies for Santa. Cooper was so cute making sure the cookies and milk were put exactly where they were last year.
We woke up about 8:30 to open presents. Let's just say there were a LOT. There were so many that Cooper started throwing the wrapped ones back under the tree cause he wanted to play with some things he had already opened! Silly kid! So he has some left to open. We were all so spoiled! One reason I loved this Christmas was because I tried my hardest to think of things I could do for little to no coast because I knew we couldn't afford it. I got Chris contacts with our eye insurance, a few stocking stuffers, used an old sub to put photos on for his electronic picture frame at work, and got a Damian Lillard autographed poster for free from his work. I got some beautiful clothes and my Mother's ring for Easton. We got blankets, lots of toys, gas gift cards, diapers, wipes, clothes for the kids, and so much more!
We enjoyed talking to Camille via Skype as she is on her mission in California. We spent a few hours and had an early dinner with Chris' family. We then went to the hospital to spent a little bit of time as a family. We had Cooper decorate a paper tree for Easton's room and took a family picture. We finally got a snow storm! We decided to celebrate Christmas with my mom and brother Sunday due to bad weather and the roads being slick. Chris and Cooper went back to his family's to open gifts and had me on FaceTime so I could enjoy it too. I sure missed being there, but it was nice to be a part of it. Can't wait to celebrate with my family Sunday!
An Easton Update: He isn't doing great. He started having bloody stools last night. X-ray came back negative so decided to lower feeds and go up much slower. He has started having them again tonight so another X-ray. It was inconclusive so stopping feeds till morning to have another X-ray. They are unsure at what to do at this point. They added another medicine to coat stomach and esophagus. We sit and watch and wait for now. I wish I knew what to do or that they did. I wish something would come back positive so we knew and then we could work on fixing it. For now we keep playing the guessing game and hope something works.
What a great day it has been! Truly a Christmas we will never forget! Feeling so blessed.




No comments:
Post a Comment