- They don't want him to stay on TPN (nutrition through an IV) because it isn't good for his liver and due to his heart issues he will already have issues with his liver.
- The hospital won't let me try a friends dairy free breastmilk due to liability issues. It is frustrating when it could solve the problem. He did great when I was pumping. I might talk to the lactation consultant about relactation tomorrow.
- GI doctors don't think g-tube will solve the issue.
- They don't think g-tube with a Nissen will work. They think he will continue to wretch and break the Nissen.
- One GI doctor says he needs to be 10 kilos for a gj tube, but another says that isn't true.
- There is some invasive surgery that could be done but it is a big surgery and when he no longer needed it he would have to have the invasive surgery again to fix that. The heart surgeon doesn't want to do it and to be honest I don't either, doesn't seem right.
- Thought about taking feeding tube out while he is on TPN and work him up on bottle feeds since he was so close before, but cardiologist said if he wretched and aspirated he likely wouldn't make it so he highly recommended us not do that.
They don't think this is due to poor blood flow because he is getting good circulation in his toes. They have him on pedialyte at the moment and are trying to increase it to see if he can tolerate anything to the gut. He still wretches here and there. They wonder if taking his feeding tube out would help at all. Maybe he has a sensitive gag reflex. Cooper did so it wouldn't surprise me. I have requested a care conference where all doctors will sit down and meet to discuss his past and where we want to go. We need a plan because since Nov. 15, we have gotten no where.
A side note: Dr. Mart, the cardiologist on this week, is incredible. When I first met him I text Chris to tell him how awesome he seemed. Later in the week I read an awesome article on he and his wife, ,wow! Talk about incredible people! They have adopted 17 children, buried two of them. Most all of them with special needs. His wife now has breast cancer. He served his mission in SD like Chris. I spoke with him about the gospel tonight and WOW he has some incredible insight. I learned quite a few things about the atonement and Christ and things in the temple and their relation to the atonement tonight. He told me I should talk to his wife sometime and how she is at peace with her diagnosis. It amazes me. I feel peace on occasion, but it is rare. I would love to know how she came to the peace, but I know it is through the atonement. Ahhh! Love it!
Click HERE to read article.
No comments:
Post a Comment