As moms, we often don't get in the picture because we are taking it or because we don't like how we look. I had this little moment where both my boys were cuddling with me and I realized that it didn't matter what I looked like. What mattered was the moment. I love these two.
The transition to Easton being home has not been easy. I cried every day probably the first week, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. He gets multiple medicines in the morning (when he first came home it was morning and night). He has an occupational therapist that visits once a week to work on feeding. He has an oximeter to monitor heart rate and oxygen. He has oxygen in case he ever needs it (doctors say as he gets bigger he will likely need it). It's hard to not worry about different things, but doctors say he is looking good. We also have many doctors appointments we go to each week, high risk, pediatrician, and cardiology. We can't let him cry because it is too hard on his heart which makes getting things done difficult whether it be going to the bathroom, eating, cooking dinner, etc. We are slowly figuring it out. It also makes car rides interesting. Someone has to sit in the back with him. The other day he still wouldn't stop crying on the way to Primary's for an appointment so we pulled over, unclicked his carseat, rocked it until he stopped crying, then put it back in the car and continued on our way. It's been a big transition. I wouldn't trade Easton for anything though. I still cry on occasion. I'm worn out, exhausted to be exact. Cranky, too. I love these kids though. I would do anything for them. They are my world.
No comments:
Post a Comment