Friday, August 29, 2014

Third Fetal Heart Ultrasound

We went to our third fetal echo today and last until this little one arrives. I always get nervous before these appointments, but it went so well. I'm glad it's over, but I'm also glad for the news we received while there. Baby Boy has no other issues other than the HLHS. That is wonderful news! He has a slight tricuspid valve leak, but it's so small it's not even a concern. The doctor said everyone has a slight leak.

We had him explain the first surgery for us in detail so we felt we understood it better. He will be having the "Norwood with Sono" open-heart surgery sometime within the first week. He thinks he will do well. We know it's in the Lord's hands, but it was great to hear that from a doctor that deals with these things a lot. He also told us to not freak out every time the monitors went off, especially within the first 24-48 hours. He said to watch day by day. Watch to see if things are slowly disappearing off of him--- medicines, drainage tubes, etc. If something increases, that is when we need to worry and ask more questions. I had a lot of questions and he was great to answer them.

I'm so proud of our little boy. He's gonna be a fighter like his brother. I'm getting very excited to see him. I wonder what he looks like and how he will look the same or different than Cooper. Only a few more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment