Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mysterious Ways

The Lord works in amazing ways. The night Cooper was born is a bit of a blur. I remember bits and pieces after arriving at the hospital. My mom told me of a few pictures she took that night and then they were never to be found. They meant the world to me though I had never seen them and I was heartbroken when my mom told me they couldn't be found on her phone. Well, they have now been found.

To give you a back story, about 6 months ago my phone randomly would not turn on. At all. My mom gave me her old phone. I used it for a week or two and the same thing happened. What luck! So, my mom called my grandma who had another old phone my mom had given her and my grandma was no longer using. She asked grandma to send it to me and that's the phone I have had. Well, last night I was playing around with it and BAM! There were the long lost photos. It brought tears to my eyes and took me forever to fall asleep after that. I was meant to have this phone to find these photos. I truly believe it. I don't remember much from that night and have mentioned many times how I wished I had photos to jog my memory a little and here they are!

I remember being pushed down to see Cooper right after having him, but that is about it.
 My mom told me about this picture of her and Chris, but I do not remember it. I do not remember seeing them like this except when I was pushing in the delivery room. Something about seeing them smile in this picture makes me cry. In a good way. It was such a terrifying night for all of us, yet they managed to have a sincere smile. It just does something to my insides to see it. Maybe it's because I remember that night as being so scary to see that they were smiling makes me feel ok. Though such a scary night, it was a night full of blessings.
 This was the last picture of me with my baby bump, which I miss terribly. I loved having a bump. I was so proud and it was something I wanted my whole life. My amazing doctor is on the left. This was me waiting to go into the delivery room.
I can't tell you how grateful feel to have these pictures. They mean more to me than words can say. They provide me with some recollection of that night. They just mean so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment