Thursday, January 12, 2012

How I Found Out & How I Told Daddy

I was on my way home to eat lunch after work and I thought I should take a test. I was telling myself I was just going to waste another one, but did it any way. When the second line started to appear I just figured it was where you could kind of see the strip. I didn't think I had seen that line before though. I waited for 2 minutes and checked and there were two lines. I had never seen two lines before and according to the test two lines meant PREGNANT! I didn't believe it. I kept telling myself it wasn't true (it was a Dollar Store test-small center one in the picture). I was practically choking on my lunch so I decided I couldn't wait. I had to go get better tests. On my way to Walmart I realized there was no way I could pee again yet anyways so I was going to have to drink water like a mad woman when I got home. I did. Then took the other two tests. Both positive. I cried because I was shocked and excited. I prayed. I laughed. I paced the house. I couldn't believe it. They all said I was pregnant.

It was about 5/6 days before Father's Day and I thought... should I wait and surprise Daddy? That would be the best! I couldn't wait. I could barely wait the 5 hours for him to get home from work. I kept texting him asking him when he was going to get home. Well, the first thing he does it head to the bathroom when he gets home so I put something on the bathroom mirror. He turned the corner and saw it and looked and me and smirked (I'll never forget his face) and said "You're silly." I started crying and said, "I'm serious." "Oh!" was his comment followed by a hug. He said it would take at least a week to kick in.

I wanted a picture of us the day we figured out. We took it right before I was heading to bed. Don't mind my looks. I love looking at this picture cause you can tell Daddy was excited... and me, too, of course! 
We're so incredibly excited. I love the little things that Daddy does that reassures me that he was serious when he told me he felt it was time for us to have kids. One I loved the other day... Daddy loves to make up songs and randomly sing. While he was cooking dinner the other day, I heard him singing his own song... "We're having a baby." It was so cute.