So, what happened? Sunday evening I started getting back pain. I had had back pain here and there the previous week, but a heating pad always did the trick. Today, it didn't. It continued to get worse. Then, I was having really sharp back pains along with the constant back pain. I decided to start writing down when the sharp back pain hit and sure enough, every 6-8 minutes. Even though it was only in my back, I knew I had to be contracting. Off to McKay Dee Hospital we went. My contractions weren't registering so the nurse stayed in with me and felt my belly when I had the pain, sure enough, contractions. As I was there, things got worse. At one point I threw up. That was awful! Poor Chris, I sat up and it came so fast I couldn't say anything and made a big mess. Chris was there trying to help me the best he could. I could tell he was struggling not to cry because of the amount of pain he saw me in and probably because of the fear of this little guy coming early. I have so much respect for him.
Doctors were concerned about my previous c-section and for my safety decided to life flight me down to University Hospital. I need to deliver there so the baby can go straight to Primary Children's after. They felt they could safely get me there. Just before life flight came, Chris and a doctor gave me a blessing. I can't remember what was said, but how grateful I was in that moment that Chris was worthy to hold the priesthood. It brought me much comfort. Life flight team arrived and started to prep me for flight. I almost passed out when they put my IV in. The first didn't work, but thankfully the second one they tried did. The whole time I was telling Chris to take pictures. I have to document! I was really nervous about the flight, but it was a beautiful night. I didn't know we were landing until we hit the pad. It was very smooth. I'd rather not do that again though!
So, this week I've taken it easy. We've moved the TV upstairs to limit the amount of stairs I have to climb. I'm trying to get the rest of the stuff I needed to done before baby comes and now need to repack our hospital bags. It was a good practice, but I'm glad it's over! Praying this little guy will now stay in until Oct. 2. It occurred to me this morning that I don't have much longer with my baby bump and I lost it because it could be my last. It's really hard to take that in. I just don't know if my emotions and body can handle another pregnancy and that makes me sad. My pregnancies have never been normal and not being able to have as many kids as we would have liked is hard to swallow. We will see how me feel years down the road and will decide then if we feel Heavenly Father has more children in store for us. It's just hard not knowing and knowing that this could be the last. I never thought having kids would be such a traumatic experience for me and my body, but it is what it is. For some reason, my body just doesn't handle it well. I try to remind myself daily how lucky I am to even be able to have children.
So, here's to 35 weeks and counting! And to meeting our handsome little man in less than two weeks!







No comments:
Post a Comment