Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pregnancy at 26 Weeks

I have decided that I don't like being pregnant. It isn't easy on my body and the amount of worry this time around drives me crazy. I have decided my pregnancies are anything but "normal."

  • I get progesterone shots every week starting at 16 weeks to help decrease my chances of preterm labor.
  • I am Rh Negative so I have to have my blood drawn and a special shot taken at 28 weeks and again after baby is born to prevent my body from fighting the baby off as a foreign object and so it doesn't figure future babies we may have.
  • I have to have ultrasounds regularly to check my cervical length to check for preterm labor and incompetent cervix.
  • First child came 3 months early, this child is going to be born with a heart defect.
  • I can't have cute baby pictures taken of my babies when born or take them home to show off to the world.
  • I have to have c-sections to have babies.
I am sure I could think of more if I thought long enough. Nevertheless, it is what it is. I LOVE feeling baby move and I love seeing my belly grow, but that's about it. I have tailbone pain from about month three and it only gets worse and worse. Rolling over at night is painful. So, some currents of my pregnancy:
  • Baby moving lots! Feeling him at bottom left of stomach and top right by my ribs so he's getting big.
  • I waddle like a duck due to my tailbone pain.
  • Stretchmarks are showing up more and more. Something difficult for me since I didn't get with Cooper, but also because I am already self conscious about my body. Trying to embrace the change! Just grateful I can have kids.
  • Cravings: Carrot cake and Sonic ice water, lots of ice!
  • Weight: Gained 10 pounds since my first appointment. I weight more than I have ever weighed. I am hoping it comes off easily because I was already overweight.
  • Symptoms: Indigestion in the middle of the night, tailbone pain, very frequent visits to the bathroom, need for daily naps, lack of energy during the day.
  • What I miss: being able to do things! I just have no energy or strength.
  • What I'm looking forward to: only 10-11 more weeks and no more shots! I also get to meet my adorable baby! 
  • Emotions: Most days I'm doing well. I have my moments of uncertainty and weakness. I am trying to stay positive. Very grateful for priesthood blessings.
  • Cervix: Doctor says no signs of an incompetent cervix.
I know after our little one gets here that life is going to be hectic and emotional. I am excited to get the ball rolling though. The waiting is very hard since there is nothing we can do right now. And the pain and discomfort I am ready to be done with. So, 10-11 more weeks to go. Praying this little one stays in there that long. So far, it's looking good!

I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life. It has brought me much comfort over the past few weeks. I love being a member of this church.

No comments:

Post a Comment