Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My Wonderful Grandma

My mom gave me the news yesterday that my grandma is having liver failure. After thinking of this news all day, I knew I needed to call my grandma and tell her how much she means to me and how grateful I am that she was able to help raise me, even though I knew it would be a difficult call. I shared what I needed to say and she told me how proud she was of me and the life I've created--- having a home, education, kid, etc. She told me she hoped I felt she had helped raise me well, which of course I do. We laughed a little and I tried not to let her hear how badly I was crying on the other end. Though we hope and pray that doctors will be able to fix her heart and that her liver won't be so bad that they can't just remove part of it, she isn't doing well. I don't know if it will be the last time I speak with her or not. I am in tears. She is an incredible woman who I love and admire. She is strong and sassy. She speaks her mind. She has these soft kissable cheeks. She's a wonderful cook. I thought I would die when my mom moved us from WV to UT when I was young. At that time I truly believe I loved my grandma more than my mom. She just got me... spoiled me more like it. Though I missed her greatly, it was the greatest thing my mom could have done for us. My mom is now my best friend. I love her more than words can say. Though I hope it is not the last conversation with my grandma, I'm grateful I was able to speak with her and tell her how much she means to me. At the end, she told me to give Cooper kisses for her and bravely told me the doctors were going to fix her. I love her. Oh, how I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment