Monday, August 19, 2013

An Opportunity

I've said it before that the Lord has a better plan for us than we have planned for ourselves. Though the goal was for me to be "stay-at-home-mom" this year, finding a full-time in Chris' career field has been difficult. So difficult that he hasn't found a job yet. Today, I was offered a job and it just seems right.

  • It's younger grades (which I wanted). Kindergarten to be exact!
  • It's part-time.
  • It's mornings so that means less time away from Cooper because he will be sleeping when I leave and I'll still have my whole afternoon/evening/nights with him.
  • Because it is kindergarten, it's half days. Which means I have MY OWN classroom and MY OWN class! As a teacher, it's been a dream of mine to do this at least once before deciding to stay home, but seemed impossible to do at part-time.
  • This allows Chris to continue to look for a full-time job in his career field instead of getting a lame job just so I can stay home with Cooper. Happy husband makes for a happy wife!
  • Chris will stay home with Cooper in the mornings while I work until finding a full-time job.
  • When he does find a full-time job, we will be able to save for me to stay home next year and to have another child.
  • If I teach one more year, I become qualified as a Level 2 teacher. I've already completed all the requirements and passed the exam, I just need to teach one more year. If I don't teach another year, the requirements could change and I would have to start all over as a Level 1 teacher. Not cool!
  • I'll be at the same school I was last year. I love the staff and the principal. It's close to home!
I'm very excited, but it's hard to be excited about something that takes you away from your son at the same time. In many ways though, we feel this is what the Lord was having us wait for. Though it's not the plan we had, and I would do anything to be able to stay home with Cooper rather than work, it just seems right. So, here's to school starting in less than a week and an entire classroom I have to decorate! Ahhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment