Sunday, February 7, 2016

My Favorite West Virginia Trip

I also took a last minute trip to WV to see my grandmother. She really wasn't doing well. To the point we were sure her days were numbered. I flew back with my mom (who paid for my ticket). I haven't seen my family in so long that I became used to being away from them. Seeing them all I realized just how much I needed to see them. My grandma so much care of me growing up that it was a neat experience to help care for her while she was in the hospital. I realized that she is the first person I have seen grow old that I have known my whole life. Her body is starting to fail her. She is spunky as ever though and had me laughing many time!

I realized my mom, grandma, and I all have the same hands, which I love!
I painted my grandma's nails, which she loved. I loved helping take care of her and kissing her soft cheeks. Her poor hands and arms were swollen.
My Facebook post from the day we arrived: Put chap stick on my sweet grandma's lips today and fed her ice chips. She was so grateful and sooo excited to see me. Its been over three years. I walked in and she said, "Get over here so I can see you." She was so disappointed I didn't 'bring the babies."


(Add picture of mom and I on the plane on our way).

No comments:

Post a Comment