I took Easton for a walk in a wagon today. We needed out of this hole in the wall. When I told a lady he was born with half a heart, she said, "Oh, that's because his wife has the other half." Made me tear up. I love it! I gave him a bath and got all the old stickies off before we have to put the feeding tube back in tomorrow. He is such a handsome boy. Everyone loves his eyes and his cheeks! I love kissing his cheeks!
We also got a call from the Milk Bank today saying we can no longer receive breastmilk unless we pay the full price. That would be about $ 5000 a month for the next three months--- longer if we can't get him off this feeding tube. Obviously that is something we can not afford... Who can? They said we can pay it and try to get insurance to reimburse, but primary insurance says it is out of network since out of state. Thing is it is the closest milk bank. All the Utah hospitals even get from there. Secondary insurance won't reimburse either cause out of state. So, here I am wanting to do what is best for my child. I'll do anything, and yet I can't do anything. I've hit a wall. Doctor does not want us using others milk that isn't pasteurized. I am tempted to just use, but would hate if I caused more problems for Easton. I am not sure what we are going to do work liquids for him. I will speak with GI tomorrow.
So other than Easton's smiles, it has been a rather gloomy day. Just keep swimming.





No comments:
Post a Comment