Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Going home!

We are going home today! We are so excited and so grateful that this surgery journey was fairly smooth because not all are. The NP said we are never out of the woods but that he is much more stable than before. It is hard to comprehend because he seemed fine. It is a weird feeling. We no longer have to keep information in a binder to be called each week. We no longer have to weigh him or document his SATs. We hope we won't be at the hospital for a while other than cardiology and GI appointments. We are going to work with GI on feedings and OT that comes to the house. It is crazy. I don't think I have processed that this has all happened yet. I am happy, but also unsure of how to feel. I am so excited for us to be home together again. Now if we can figure out the feeding issues that would be awesome!
Not sure how we're going to move around the house with oxygen and a feeding pump and occasionally a pulse oximeter. We'll figure it out though. Just happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment