Life stays so busy anymore. I wonder what we did with our time before when we thought we were busy. I know we will think the same thing as we have more children. I usually take pictures of everything, but have decided to just enjoy the moments. I still get photographs here and there, but I'm just trying to be in the moment with the things we are doing in our life, especially with Cooper. He's growing so fast. I was in tears rocking him to sleep the other night. I was rubbing his head and it brought back tender memories of him being in the NICU and me not knowing if my baby would really make it or not. We had high hopes, but you never truly know. He has been such a blessing in our life and though being a parent is so tiring and hard work, it truly is the most amazing thing. I love watching him learn. I think it's so neat to see what he picks up on. It's fun to watch him figure things out. I think he is going to be OCD like me because if a drawer or cabinet is open, he closes it. He puts things in rows. It's fun to watch. Some things in our life lately:
- I've been called to be the Beehive's advisor at church. I am excited and scared. It's such an important calling. It's intimidating, but I am excited to work with the youth.
- Chris is in the process of looking for full time work so I can be a stay at home mom next year. We aren't sure if it will happen yet, but we know whatever the Lord wants to happen will happen as long as we are trying and willing to make the sacrifices.
- A friend gave us a big, beautiful $3000 play set because her kids have outgrown it. We are so grateful and so excited for Cooper to be able to have it to play on outside.
- We went to the park today. We've played outside with bubbles, and dirt, and chalk, and water.
Things going on with Cooper:
- He is walking like crazy. Where did crawling go!?
- He is talking A LOT! Gets that from me, I guess. He is saying lots of words: T-t (Katie), Daisy, bye-bye, b-b (belly), Nana, Daddy, Mom and Momma, and so much more!
- He loves to climb!
- He has started hiding food. Cracks me up! He puts it in the coffee table drawer and inside our family Book of Mormon cover. Hilarious!
- He LOVES to be outside, which is an understatement. He always wants to be outside.
- He knows where his belly, eyes, and nose are.
- He blows kisses and even makes the "muah" sound when he does it.
- He is becoming more independent. He wants to feed himself with the spoon, not mom. He wants to walk up and down the stairs while standing. It's so cute going up because he grunts like it will help him.
- He gets into EVERYTHING!
- He knows how to unlock my phone and iPad. He even knows where his games are on the iPad.
- He likes to snuggle and watch a movie with mommy.
- I gave him his first haircut! It was scary to do, but he looks so cute.
- He winks! So stinkin' cute!
Here are a few pictures of some of our adventures:
 |
| Heard grunting and found him here. Not sure how he got there! |
 |
| First hair cute! |
 |
| So cute! I need to get a picture of it spiked! |
 |
| Tucker, Cooper, and Gavin --- 3 for 3. |
No comments:
Post a Comment