Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sweet Home West Virginia!

Going to West Virginia was more of an emotional experience that I thought it would be. I couldn't mention how excited I was for my grandparents to meet Cooper without choking up. When they announced we were minutes away from landing and I could see the trees, I couldn't help but cry. It had been almost 5 years since I had been back and two since I had seen my grandparents. I felt like I was home and couldn't hold back the tears.

Cooper traveled well. He loved opening and closing the cover on the window. He would press his face up against the window and look out. He would point out the window with his finger. He wasn't comfortable on the flight and and fortunately I caught his throw up in his blanket and prevented a major mess! The flight home was much better. We enjoyed our visit.


It was great to see family. Cooper loved his great-grandparents and they adored him. He would smack kissed at Great-Grandma. He would also try trading his toys for her drink. He loved sitting on Great-Grandpa's lap because he would feed him lots of food. They loved him to pieces and I'm so glad they got to meet each other.

Great Uncle Donnie feeding Chelsea peanut butter bread. 
Chillin' with Great Grandpa.
Sharing his lunch with Great Grandma Call.
I love how he looked at her. Reading with GG Call.

Grandma wanted to feed him everything. Of course, Cooper loved it. {The dates on the pictures are wrong.}
Landed back home. So sleepy.
He also loved Cousin Chelsea and wrestling with Chelsea's little dog. It was crazy to see Chelsea help take care of my little guy because I took care of her when she was a baby.

Eating angel food cake batter.

 My grandma went into the hospital our last day there and we almost lost her. At 2:15 AM we received a surprise knock on my grandparents door and there was my Aunt Dora and Cousin Kasey in from Tennessee to see grandma! They were so excited to be able to see Cooper!
Great Aunt Dora and Cousin Kasey
I have never seen the Grand Canyon. It was so cool to see from the sky. Left me in awe! The large crack made me speechless.



No comments:

Post a Comment