Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Learning Like Crazy

We're finally all on the mend around here. Cooper seemed to get better before the rest of us and Chris has had a lingering cough. It's nice to be feeling better again.
Sometimes we aren't up for cleaning out the tub so we use Cooper's little tub to give him a bath. Tonight he realized he can climb out of it and so he did... a few times. He thought it was funny. He's such a cute kid. He's doing so many fun things and has learned so much over the past few weeks. Early Intervention thinks he may be caught up to his actual age. It makes me a proud mom. They say it's because of what Chris and I are doing with him, but I say it's all him. He's just a smart kid. Some things about Cooper:

  • He discovered his nostrils with his little pointer finger. Hilarious! (For now.)
  • He will sometimes point to his nose. 
  • He's great at mimicking what you are doing and sounds you make.
  • He can say "baby." I've told Chris this means it's time for another. He doesn't believe me. 
  • He's walking more and more, but still getting the hang of it.
  • His laughs are contagious. We LOVE to hear him laugh. We probably tickle him too much!
  • He still only has 4 teeth! 
  • He is still throwing up many times a week. For some reason he can't keep a meal down sometimes. An occupational therapist will be coming to visit with Cooper and see if we can figure out the problem.
  • He knows how to open his stack cans by biting the edge and popping it off. When he dumps them out I go to pick them up and he tries to pick them up as fast as he can. It makes me laugh every time!
  • He's great at putting a ball in a hoop and is getting better at putting shapes into his shape bucket.
  • He can unlock my iPad all by himself. Even take pictures of himself with it. 
I am sure I'm forgetting something. It seems like he learns so many things every day. He truly is such a smart kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment