Monday, January 7, 2013

Reading

Cooper has always been fascinated with words on pages. He also loves being read to. He has this Halloween flap book that is his favorite. He is able to open every flap on his own and he already turns the pages of books, something many kids don't do until about 18 months. I sure hope he enjoys reading as he gets older because it's something I've never enjoyed much. I have always struggled with reading comprehension and I only like realistic fiction (for the most part). I hope Cooper finds a love for all books. I hope with my background as a teacher I will better be able to help him do well with reading comprehension. He also likes to take all of the books out of his book holder. He does it daily. Usually multiple times a day.

My mom made me a Hallmark Recordable book for my birthday when she lived in Tennessee. Now, it's Cooper's favorite. He's kind of taken it over. He loves to open it and hear Nana's voice. He gets frustrated if he can't open the book. He ends up opening it over and over again.

Some fun updates:

  • Cooper started standing up from sitting, without grabbing onto anything, yesterday.
  • He has started opening doors and drawers on his own. He gets upset when I close them.
  • He makes all kinds of noises.
  • He's started squinting when you squint at him.
  • He's struggling with eating our food so we've gone back to stage 3 baby food at the direction of an occupational therapist and developmentalist.
  • He loves chicken noodle soup, peas, and goldfish crackers. Whenever we eat, he wants some.
  • Still not taking a sippy cup very well. We're still working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment