Cooper had his first laser treatment today. It was a test treatment so they only did a few spots. Once it heals, they will do a full treatment on his port wine birthmark. He did so well. He didn't even cry. He fussed at first because they swaddled him and covered his eyes, but he did great! I was so relieved because I was worried he was going to cry. I hope one day he looks back at these stories and pictures of his journey and realizes that he is strong and brave and that because he made it through these things, he can make it through anything.
 |
| Saran wrapped to hold on numbing cream. |
 |
| Dad pushing Cooper into the hospital. |
 |
| Didn't like getting bundled up. He even got his hand out once. |
 |
| Wearing our gorgeous goggles to protect us from the laser. |
We also went to the ear doctor and they said Cooper's ears were still 100% full of fluid. They did a hearing test and he is hearing at about 50-60 decibels when he should be able to hear at 5-15. So, tomorrow he is having surgery. He has to be put under general anesthesia, but it should be done in 5-10 minutes. He should be able to hear a ton better as soon as surgery is done and the ears will continue to drain so that his hearing is fixed. I'm excited and scared for him at the same time. I hate seeing him have to go through all this, but the Lord has a plan. Sometimes I just wish he let us moms in on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment