Happy Mother's Day to Me!!! Today was my very first Mother's Day. It was wonderful. We started the day with delicious crepes... Daddy's specialty. You had a card for me and a flower to wear to church. (I laughed at Daddy because he wrote "Rachelle" on the envelope and I told him you would have wrote Mommy. We had a little laugh.) Then, we went to church with Grandma Frederiksen. You behaved pretty well. You got tired and got a little cranky, but you fell asleep and were fine. Great Aunt Johnnie got to hold you. She said it made her Mother's Day. It was your first Sunday. It couldn't have been a better day to do it! I loved having you there and us being together. Then, we went and saw Grandma Smith and spent some time with her. Then, we went back to Grandma Frederiksen's and had a yummy dinner and you got to meet more family.
This is what I came into the kitchen to this morning... made me laugh. So cute!
How was my Mother's Day? Fantastic. I absolutely love being a mom. I love being a mom to a boy. I was so scared when I first found out. I felt so inadequate. Once you arrived, I knew it would be great and it has been. You're a great baby. I love it every time you smile. I love knowing that you love me and know me as your mother. There isn't a calling more fulfilling than that of being a mother. I feel so blessed.